The bad news? We’ve decided not to hold a public event because of ongoing issues with community spread of the COVID-19 virus. Instead, all the pork will be donated to Inter-Faith Food Shuttle for local feeding programs. We hope and pray that this virus will be behind us by next year and we can go back to selling wristbands and sharing the best of North Carolina barbecue with our fans.
In the meantime, we do want to present a People’s Choice trophy this year. So we are looking for four people to round out a panel of judges to select the People’s Choice winners. We will be honest. This job is not for the faint of heart! Eating 28 samples of barbecue for breakfast can be a daunting task. But, for those who love barbecue, it’s an awesome (and delicious!) opportunity. So check out the requirements and click the link if you think you’ve got what it takes!
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing and able to eat 25 samples of barbecue (for breakfast!)
- Must be available from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 2.
- Must provide your own transportation to and from the event in Raleigh
- May enter once per day
- Winners will be selected and notified by email by noon on Wed. Sept. 29
- Winners will be randomly selected; enter here: https://woobox.com/g86hdt